Smoked Salmon amp Cucumber Tea SandwichesFrom trigger 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche shopping list
- 3 Tbs. chopped fresh dill shopping list
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- One-half medium english cucumber shopping list
- 8 large slices pumpernickel bread, each cut into four 2-inch triangles shopping list
- 1/4 lb. thinly sliced cold-smoked salmon, cut into 16 pieces shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, mix the crème fraîche with the dill and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Peel the cucumber. Then, using the peeler, shave 16 wide strips from several sides of the cucumber (discard the seed core).
- In a medium bowl, toss the cucumber strips with 1/4 tsp. salt and let sit until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Pat dry with paper towels.
- Spread the creme fraiche generously on one side of each bread triangle (you may not use it all).
- Top half of the triangles with a folded cucumber strip, a curl of the salmon, and a grind of black pepper.
- Set the remaining bread on top and serve.
- You can combine the crème fraîche and dill, season to taste, and refrigerate this mixture for up to 1 day, tightly covered.
- From Fine Cooking Magazine
The Cooktrigger MA
The Rating9 people
This is lovely, Trigger! I am a big fan of smoked salmon, and your sandwiches sound yummy!juels in Clayton loved it
Yet another "michael" coctail party post. You are wonderful, my friend!
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
This is very nice Michael. I love smoked salmon, always have some in the fridge. Big 5 from me.gourmetana in London loved it