Grilled Orange Salad With Balsamic Beet DressingFrom boofie 8 years ago
- 4 cups arugula leaves, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 2 large oranges shopping list
- 4 oz gorgonzola, crumbled shopping list
- 1 c toasted almonds shopping list
- No stick cooking spray shopping list
- ********************** shopping list
- 1 med-large beet, peeled shopping list
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar shopping list
- Freshly cracked black pepper shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Cut each orange into 8 even wedges and remove as many seeds as possible.
- Spray your grilling surface with no stick spray and heat to medium-high heat. Place orange wedges on grill and allow to grill until golden and lightly charred, about 2 minutes. Flip and repeat for second side of wedge.
- Evenly divide arugula among four salad plates. Top with crumbled gorgonzola and toasted almonds. Top with warm, grilled orange wedges.
- Drizzle lightly with balsamic beet dressing and serve.
- For dressing:
- Preheat oven to 400. Drizzle a sheet of aluminum foil with olive oil and place beet in oil. Fold foil over to make a pocket and seal edges. Allow beet to roast 35-45 minutes or until easily pierced with a knife.
- Allow beet to cool slightly and cut into chunks. Place chunks in blender, along with balsamic vinegar, and puree until smooth.
- Slowly stream in olive oil until desired consistency is reached. Season with fresh cracked black pepper and use immediately, or store in fridge for up to two weeks.
The Cookboofie Salt Lake City, UT
The Rating6 people
mmmm sounds DIVINE!! I am so making this soon! Thanks for this recipe!thamesarino in Pittsburgh loved it
As far as I'm concerned, you can't beat arugula (even with a stick!). Lovely dish, boofie and thanks for sharing. Five.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Great recipe love those oranges with arugula. The addition of the beet is a wonderful touch.
Michaeltrigger in loved it