Broccoli Cheddar SoupFrom keni 6 years ago
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 1 onion, finely diced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, thinnly chopped shopping list
- 2 carrots, grated shopping list
- about 1lb fresh broccoli, chopped well shopping list
- 1 red pepper, finely diced shopping list
- 5 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 2 cups half and half shopping list
- 3/4 cup flour shopping list
- 16oz cheddar cheese, shredded(shred this yourself...it's worth it :) shopping list
- 4oz whipped or very soft cream cheese shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- dash of hot sauce shopping list
- dash of nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- In large soup pan or dutch oven celery, onion, red pepper and carrots in butter until soft.
- Add chicken stock and broccoli and cook at medium heat until broccoli is done(15-20 min)
- Season with salt and pepper(this will need a fair amount of each)
- Whisk together the flour and water to form a slurry
- Add slurry and cream cheese to soup and increase heat to thicken.
- Add cheese until melted.
- Add half and half, nutmeg, hot sauce and more fresh ground pepper and heat through.
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating6 people
Sounds divine, and love the cream cheese in here...thanks, Keni...5's to ya!debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
I love meatless soups and this one sounds like a keeper. This recipe sounds wonderful~ Thanks Kenilafluers in Lincoln loved it
Mmmmmm! Hubbie's ailing and this may make for a perfect supper for him. Going to check the fridge now to see if I have everything! Thanks Keni!5thsister in Huntersville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!