Magic Cream PuffsFrom nuitblanche 8 years ago
- 1/2 c. shortening (here we differ - she uses Crisco, I prefer butter - it doesn't cook or taste any different tho' shopping list
- 1 c. water shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 1 c flour shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- Canned whipped cream OR shopping list
- Prepared instant vanilla pudding shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- Prepared chocolate frosting shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Combine shortening and water in a medium sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil
- Sift in flour and salt (hint: if you don't own a sifter, use a fine sieve)
- Add quickly to boiling water, stir until it leaves the side of the pan
- Remove from heat
- Add 1 egg at a time, beating in thoroughly before adding next egg.
- Drop by tablespoonful onto greased cookie sheet
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Decrease heat to 400 degrees.
- Cook another 25 min or until golden and airy
- Cool on racks
- Once cooled, choose to either:
- Shove the point of the whipping cream into one end and fill
- Cut in half and fill with pudding
- Frost or leave plain
- Eat one or two before serving so you at least get to taste them!
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cooknuitblanche Syracuse, NY
The Rating7 people
sounds like heaven to me. Love cream puffs. Thanksdragonwings647 in Duchesne loved it
I am drooling reading this recipe and can I say:
I WANT IT NOW! This is fabulous!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
I love cream puffs....my mom used to make them and I haven't had them in years!jett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!