Nickys Dressed Spinach SaladFrom meals4abby 8 years ago
- 1 - 10oz. pkg. of fresh spinach leaves (I like baby spinach) shopping list
- 1 - 5oz. can of sliced water chestnuts (well drained) shopping list
- 1 - 13oz. can of bean sprouts (well drained) shopping list
- 8-10 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled shopping list
- 3 or 4 hard boiled eggs, sliced shopping list
- For the Dressing: shopping list
- 1 cup of vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup of sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup of ketchup shopping list
- 1/4 cup of white vinegar shopping list
- 1 small red onion, chopped fine shopping list
- Dash of worcestershire sauce shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- For the Salad, lightly toss together the first 5 ingredients.
- For the dressing, combine the vegetable oil, sugar, ketchup, white vinegar, red onion, worcestershire sauce and salt together in a medium sized tupperware bowl with a tight fitting lid. Place the lid on and shake vigorously.
- Add the dressing to the spinach salad just before serving and toss to coat.
- ***Just a note...This dressing makes about 2 cups, so you may not want to add all of it to the salad. This dressing is also better if you make it a day ahead of time.
The Cookmeals4abby Valders, WI
The Rating9 people
Mmmmm spinach salads are so good and healthy too!jett2whit in Union City loved it
I like the sound of this. 5 forkslinspj in New Hartford loved it
Sounds healthy and so yummy! Love the dressing, too! Great post! Added to the "crazy about greens" group.juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!