Lamb With Minted Lime Salsa And Chili Roasted VegetablesFrom trigger 5 years ago
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks shopping list
- 4 small yukon gold potatoes, peeled and halved shopping list
- 2 parsnips, cut into chunks shopping list
- 1 red onion, sliced into wedges shopping list
- 1 garlic bulb, cut horizontally in half shopping list
- 5 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 mild red chili, de-seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 mild green chili, de-seeded and chopped shopping list
- 8 lamb loin chops shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- FOR THE mintED lime SALSA shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 shallots, finely diced shopping list
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger shopping list
- 2 tbsp fine-cut lime marmalade shopping list
- 1 lime, juice and grated zest only shopping list
- 2 tbsp chopped mint shopping list
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 425F
- Put the potatoes, parsnips, red onion and garlic in a shallow baking dish.
- Drizzle three tablespoons of the olive oil over the vegetables and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and roast for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the chilies five minutes before the end of cooking.
- For the salsa, mix all the ingredients together and set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan.
- Season the lamb chops, add to the pan and sear for 5-6 minutes on each side (you will need to cook them in batches).
- Cover and keep warm.
- Arrange the roasted vegetables and lamb chops in a serving dish.
- Spoon the minted lime salsa over the chops and serve.
- Scott Ball
- from MasterChef Goes Large
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cooktrigger MA
The Rating6 people
Where do you come up with this stuff, michael? OMG, here I am, failure-at-cooking-lamb person, thinking that this might just work for me! Maybe you have a career as a cooking teacher to the masses... I'd come, really, I would! I will be attempting th...morelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Fantastic recipe, Michael! Love the ingredients in this recipe, and the salsa sounds so amazing! An easy 5 from me!juels in Clayton loved it
A beautifully enticing recipe, michael. Lamb is such a treat when it is done right and this does it justice. Greatly imaginative and 5 forks.mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it