Pesto Stuffed Chicken Wrapped In Prosciutto With Pesto Cream SauceFrom lillyann 7 years ago
- Pesto: shopping list
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed tightly shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1 cup pine nuts shopping list
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter shopping list
- Chicken: shopping list
- 6 chicken breasts shopping list
- 18 slices prosciutto shopping list
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- 3/4 cup of cream shopping list
- pine nuts to garnish shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a food processor, combine basil, salt, garlic, pepper and pine nuts. Pulse to until the basil mixture is finely chopped.
- 2. Turn the food processor on and add the olive oil slowly until the basil mixture is at the desired consistency. Add butter and cheese. Pulse until the cheese and butter are blended into the basil mixture. This makes 1 1/2 cups of pesto. Remaining pesto can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- 3. Preheat the oven to 375. Lay and overlap 3 slices of prosciutto on a clean work surface.
- 4. Place a chicken breast on one end of the prosciutto square. Using a sharp knife create a pocket in the side of the chicken breast. Spoon some of the pesto into the slit.
- 5. Spoon some dijon mustard on the top of the chicken breast and spread it evenly. Sprinkle black pepper on top of the dijon mustard.
- 6. Wrap the prosciutto around the chicken breast. Place the chicken breast on a baking sheet, seam side down. Repeat for remaining chicken breasts.
- 7. Bake chicken breasts until they are cooked through and golden brown; about 20 minutes. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- 8. Combine the chicken pan juices and 1/4 cup of the pesto in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 1 minute.
- 9. Add the cream and bring the sauce to boil. Reduce the heat and let the sauce simmer. Cook until the sauce is reduced by half. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 10. To serve the chicken, slice each breast into 1-inch medallions. Transfer to a plate and top with the pesto cream sauce. Sprinkle the top with pine nuts
The Cooklillyann Colorado Springs, CO
The Rating9 people
love the flavor and combo. on this thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Elegant, easy, these are the types of dishes that make you a star in the eyes of your friends and family. Super recipe thanks and have a beautiful sunday. Glennglennk in Dalmeny loved it
This looks delicious! I love pesto!mamalou in Attleboro loved it