Grilled Marinated Mozzarella with Crunchy Bread Smoked Bacon and a Black Olive and Lemon DressingFrom choclytcandy 4 years ago
- 1 loaf of ciabatta shopping list
- 8 slices of thinly sliced bacon or pancetta shopping list
- zest of 2 lemons shopping list
- 4 large buffalo mozzarella cheeses shopping list
- 8 sticks of fresh rosemary shopping list
- 1 clove of garlic shopping list
- extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3 handfuls of mixed fresh herbs (chives, chervil, mint, basil, parsley) shopping list
- For the dressing: shopping list
- 1 good handful of nice black olives, pitted shopping list
- 1 fresh red chili, seeded and finely chopped shopping list
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Remove the crusts from the ciabatta and tear into rough 1-inch pieces
- Throw into a bowl with the bacon and lemon zest.
- Divide each mozzarella into 8 similar-sized pieces and add to the bowl.
- Keeping the leaf tips on the rosemary sticks, remove the lower leaves, and then smash these up in a mortar and pestle with the garlic.
- Stir in 8 tbs of olive oil, then pour this mixture over the bread, cheese and bacon.
- Marinate for 15 minutes to an hour.
- Thread the mozzarella and bread onto your rosemary sticks, weaving the bacon in and around (kind of like the stripes on a candy cane).
- Line up the kebabs on a wire rack and place under the grill on a very high heat until bread and bacon are golden and crisp and the mozzarella is nice and gooey.
- While this is grilling, make sure you keep an eye on it, as it can turn into a charred kebab very quickly.
- Chop up the olives and mix with the chili, 5 tbs of lemon juice and the same amount of olive oil. Season to taste.
- To serve the kebabs, dress the herbs with half the olive oil dressing right at the last minute so the leaves stay nice and fresh, then drizzle the other half of the dressing over the kebabs.
People Who Like This Dish 7
- optimistic1_2 Guelph, CA
- boosan21 Pleasant Valley, CT
- mrsc543 North Reading, MA
- lunasea Orlando, FL
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- juels Clayton, NC
- tsehnert Lincoln, NE
- sckewer Guelph, CA
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- albys1 Broomall, Pennsylvania
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
The Rating7 people
This sounds like something served at a 5-star restaurant! Love this recipe, sounds like it would come out so beautiful!juels in Clayton loved it
Fantastic it sounds delicious thank you for sharing great post !!!
TINKminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
How wonderful and impressive....thanks so much! :) Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it