Chicken SchnitzelFrom lor 6 years ago
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves shopping list
- Note: You can follow this recipe for veal or pork. shopping list
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. garlic or onion powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- fresh ground pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp. paprika shopping list
- 2 large eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. butter shopping list
- *Note: I always add butter to the cooking oil. shopping list
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Place the chicken breasts between 2 pieces of cling wrap and pound to a desired texture and thickness.
- In a shallow pie plate or dish, mix together flour, garlic or onion powder, salt, pepper and paprika.
- In second shallow bowl, beat eggs.
- In third shallow dish or plate, place seasoned breadcrumbs.
- One at a time, dip each pounded chicken breast first into the seasoned flour mixture, coating thoroughly and shake to dust off excess.
- Next, dip chicken breast in well beaten eggs, covering completely.
- Then coat chicken with bread crumbs.
- Place each breaded chicken breast on a plate or a small cooking sheet pan.
- In a large non-stick skillet, place vegetable oil and butter.
- Heat over a medium element.
- Place chicken in the skillet, and brown for about 5 minutes per side.
- Make sure the chicken is cooked thoroughly before transferring it to a plate that has been lined with about 4 sheets of paper towel.
- Serve with boiled, baked or mashed potatoes and your favourite vegetables.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.
- Serves 4
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating14 people
Sounds delicious! I also add butter to a lot of recipes.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
This is also Ed's favorite way to have chicken, lor.
Thanks for sharing and you got my symbiotic five. Happy New Year!
Llacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Looks great!pleclare in Framingham loved it