Poached Fingers Of Salmon And Turbot With Saffron And Julienne Of VegetablesFrom chefelaine 6 years ago
- 8 oz leeks shopping list
- 8 oz carrots shopping list
- 8 oz celery or celery root shopping list
- 8 oz onion sliced thin shopping list
- 2 1/2 qt water, cold shopping list
- to taste --- salt pepper shopping list
- 2 1/4 lb Turbot fillets shopping list
- 2 1/4 lb salmon fillets shopping list
- pinch --- saffron threads shopping list
- 1 oz Chopped chives shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the leeks, carrots, and celery or celery root into julienne and keep the trimmings.
- Place the trimmings into a deep pan with the onion and cover with the water.
- Bring slowly to a boil and skim to remove any impurities.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, then strain into a shallow poaching pan and keep barely simmering to reduce to 1 1/2 of its original volume.
- Season to preference.
- Skin the fillets.
- Cut the fish into pieces, 1 × 4 in. , and add to the cooking liquid with the vegetable strips and saffron.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Check the seasoning.
- Serve in broad soup plates with the cooking liquid.
- Sprinkle with chopped chives.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating63 people
I like the aromatic quality and color from the saffron threads.
Five forks and a smile :)trigger in loved it
Elaine, this sounds great! You must have been a busy lady over the winter holidays!Thanks and high-five:)angelinaw in St Louis loved it
This Sound Awesome and I Surely Want to Make This One Soon!!! As We Eat Alot Of Fish All Year Long!!! Thanks! High 5chef_irish in Gainesville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!