Bi Bim BapFrom waterlily 7 years ago
- 12 oz bean sprouts shopping list
- 1/4 c sliced white scallions shopping list
- 1/2 c sugar shopping list
- 2 T sugar shopping list
- 12 oz carrots, julienned shopping list
- 1 c soy sauce shopping list
- 1 T water shopping list
- sesame oil, to taste shopping list
- 1/4 c garlic, minced shopping list
- 6-8 eggs shopping list
- 1 T mild oil for stir-frying shopping list
- 12 oz cucumbers, julienned shopping list
- 6 c cooked rice shopping list
- 3 T sesame seeds, toasted shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/4 - 1 c red chili bean paste (kochujang) shopping list
- 1/2 pound chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 pound top round steak shopping list
How to make it
- Make a marinade by combining the soy sauce, scallion, garlic, sesame seeds, 1/2 cup sugar, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Cut the chicken and beef into small pieces.
- Marinate the meat & chicken in the marinade at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Sprinkle the carrots and cucumbers with salt, set aside for 5 minutes to draw some water out of them. Rinse and dry.
- Stir fry the carrots, cucumbers and bean sprouts briefly. Set aside.
- Stir fry the chicken and beef until done.
- Combine the red chili bean paste, 2 T sugar, 1 T water and sesame oil to taste in a small pan. Bring to a boil, stirring, then reduce heat and cook 3-5 minutes.
- Fry the eggs over-easy or over medium, to your taste.
- Arrange a mound of rice in the middle of each serving dish. Ideally, this would be a piping hot stone or cast iron bowl, alternative any deep sided vessel will do.
- Arrange the vegetables and meat around the rice.
- Top each serving with an egg.
- Place a bit of the Kochujang sauce on a small plate or bowl for each diner.
- To eat, all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed together at the table, with each person adding the Kochujang sauce to his or her own taste.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookwaterlily Joplin, MO
The Rating8 people
My parents live 10 minutes from Mineola. Next time I'm there, I'll have to stop by the Jane Cafe. Great recipe.greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Sounds wonderful :)donman in Hammond loved it
This is fantastic! I love Korean food and this recipe sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing this!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!