Baked Spinach and GrueyeFrom turlak 7 years ago
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil, plus more for the dish shopping list
- 1 large onion, finely chopped shopping list
- pepper (you can add salt too, but I don't - the cheese is salty enough) shopping list
- 1 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 6 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 cup whole milk shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. grated nutmeg shopping list
- 4 (10 oz) boxes frozen leaf spinach, thawed shopping list
- 2 cups grated gruyere (8 oz) shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (2 oz) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven 400F. Coat shallow 2 - 3 quart baking dish with oil; set aside.
- Heat the oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and pepper to taste. Cook until soft, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the wine and simmer until evaporated, 6-8 minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, cream, milk, nutmeg, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Squeeze the spinach to remove excess liquid. Stir the spinach, onion, and cheeses into the egg mixture and transfer to the baking dish.
- Bake until bubbling and the top is golden brown. 45-55 minutes.
The Cookturlak Spring, TX
The Rating6 people
Very Nice .........thanks for posting.....big 5 heregrizzlybear in loved it
Great recipe, thanks for sharing. Saving to try.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
"5"FORK!!!!! 'Perfection on a Plate'~
~*~mjcmcook~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!