Grandmas Potato Chip CookiesFrom krumkake 6 years ago
- 4 sticks butter (yes, FOUR sticks of butter, or 1 pound!) shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 3½ cups flour shopping list
- 2 to 3 cups finely crushed potato chips (2 cups is what Jeanette used) shopping list
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts, optional shopping list
- 1 package milk chocolate chips, optional (Jeanette doesn’t use them) shopping list
- powdered sugar for coating warm cookies shopping list
How to make it
- Cream together butter and sugar; stir in vanilla.
- Stir in flour.
- Stir in crushed potato chips and then the nuts and chocolate chips, if using them.
- Dough may be crumbly, so you may need to use your hands to shape them into balls.
- Place or drop dough by spoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheet; press down just a bit with fingertips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes, until just beginning to brown on bottoms.
- Let cookies cool for a few minutes, then remove them from the baking sheet and roll them in powdered sugar.
- Cool completely before storing.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating7 people
great story. i love the story and i love the picture.lumpy1 in Markham loved it
Yummy KK..55555! :)
This is also a GREAT way to use up left over
chips.lanacountry in Macon loved it
Oh my...I love PC cookies! You're making me cookie crazy-hungry, Krum.....*sigh*....high 5! Thank you.... :)lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!