Cast Iron FocacciaFrom keni 5 years ago
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 2t yeast shopping list
- 3/4 plus about 2T warm water shopping list
- juice from 1/2 lemon shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided shopping list
- 2T fresh herb, chopped(rosemary, thyme, basil, dill, can all be used) shopping list
- 2T sea salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan, Asiago, or romano cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Mix flour, yeast and 3/4 cup water until just combined.
- Let rest 15-20 minutes
- Add 2T olive oil, lemon juice, about 2T water, 1T herb, cheese and 1T salt and knead for about 10 minutes(can use dough cycle on bread machine, stand mixer or hand for this--I use my KA mixer)
- Let rise until doubles in side(approx 30 minutes)
- Pat into 8 or 10 inch cast iron skillet and make many small indentations over top surface of bread.
- Brush with remaining olive oil, herbs and salt and let rest about 20 minutes.
- Bake at 450 for about 15-20 minutes depending on desired crustiness of crust of bread.
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating10 people
Focaccia is a wonderful bread and your recipe sounds great. I make mine in a sheet pan I will have to try using a cast iron pan next time.
Five forks and a smile :)
Flagged as beautifultrigger in loved it
this is a wonderful recipe!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Lillian I thought the same thing about it being cooked on the stove!! LOL! This sounds great Keni! Can't wait to give it a try!mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it