Glazed WingsFrom krumkake 7 years ago
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil shopping list
- 18 large chicken wings, whole shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 3/4 cup plum sauce (from Asian section of grocer) shopping list
- 1/2 cup orange juice shopping list
- 2 inches ginger root, peeled shopping list
- 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce (tamari is good) shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon red chili flakes, depending on level of spicyness you like shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a large oven-proof skillet on high heat.
- Liberally season the wings with salt and pepper.
- When skillet is hot, brown wings (in batches) for 3 minutes per side.
- While wings are browning, mix plum sauce, orange juice, peeled ginger root, dark soy sauce and chili pepper flakes in a small saucepan.
- Bring plum sauce mixture to a simmer and lower the heat, keeping it warm while the wings continue to brown; remove and discard ginger from the sauce at this point.
- Return all browned wings to skillet and pour simmering plum sauce mixture over them.
- Place skillet in 400 degree oven; bake for 20 minutes, flipping the wings one time during baking time.
- Remove skillet from oven, removing wings from the pan.
- On stovetop, simmer down the sauce until it is syrupy and thickened.
- Return the wings to the pan; heat on high while the sauce has a chance to glaze the wings.
- Serve hot or at room temperature, with lots of napkins and wet wipes!
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating9 people
These sound really delicious, Krum. The combination of the orange juice and plum sauce has to be a winner! I can't wait to try this recipe! Thanks for another new dish to have for dinner!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
YUMMMMMMM DEFINITLY SAVING THIS ONE!!!!!! THANKSdragonwings647 in Duchesne loved it
Oh Krum ... my mouth is watering.
Somehow this reminds me of King's Restaurant in Winnipeg's Chinatown. We had lemon chicken there in the summer of '89.
It's the same thing only very different.cabincrazyone in Duluth loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!