Old-Fashioned Chocolate PuddingFrom conner909 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. (packed) cornstarch shopping list
- 1 teaspoon all purpose flour shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- 2 cups cold, low-fat (1% or 2%) milk shopping list
- 1 tsp. unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. almond extract shopping list
How to make it
- Mix first 5 ingredients in heavy medium saucepan.
- Add 1 cup milk and whisk to dissolve cornstarch.
- Whisk in remaining milk.
- Whisk mixture over medium heat until thickened and beginning to simmer, about 5 minutes.
- Simmer 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in butter, vanilla and almond extracts.
- Divide pudding among 4 custard cups.
- Chill until cold, about 2 hours.
- Can be made one day ahead. Cover and keep chilled.
- To avoid a “skin” forming on the top of your pudding, cover pudding by putting a piece of wax paper directly onto the top of the pudding surface.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookconner909 Whereabouts, Unknown
The Rating6 people
I could slurp this whole thing up! Home-made chocolate pudding is the best!jett2whit in Union City loved it
it is so easy to make the real thing that you wonder why people buy that boxed stuff... thank you... ^5peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Oh yeah! This takes me way back. MMMMM it makes me think of home. I miss my Mommy. I guess I'll have to make this all by my self (and not share).Hey the skin is good too. Thank you. MJflavors in Algonquin loved it