Farro And Basmati Stuffed Peppers With Kalamata Olives And Sun Dried TomatoesFrom trigger 4 years ago
- 1 cup Farro rice shopping list
- 1 cup basmati rice shopping list
- 4 cups homemade chicken broth or homemade vegetable broth shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped kalamata olives shopping list
- 6 Sun dried tomatoes reconstituted and diced shopping list
- 1 large onion diced shopping list
- 5 cloves of garlic rough chopped. shopping list
- 2 large green bell peppers split in half lengthwise seeds and ribs removed shopping list
- 1 Small strip green bell pepper diced shopping list
- ½-teaspoon cayenne pepper. shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 6 oz of grated mozzarella cheese shopping list
- olive oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- In a small pot add the rice and broth bring to a boil and lower heat and simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed about 20 minutes.
- Fluff rice with a fork set aside to cool.
- In another small pot sauté onions and diced green bell pepper until soft.
- Add a pinch of sugar and a pinch of salt and sauté until caramelized.
- Add the garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add the diced sundried tomato and a little of the broth from the tomatoes and deglaze the pot.
- Add 3 cups of the rice the Kalamata olives and mix well.
- Taste mixture and correct seasonings set aside.
- Mound the mixture into each pepper then pile on the mozzarella cheese.
- Place the stuffed peppers in a 9X9 Pyrex dish.
- Add water half way up peppers and place in the center of the oven rack.
- Bake for 20 minutes until cheese is golden brown.
- Serve with a side salad.
People Who Like This Dish 5
- aussie_meat_pie My Kitchen, AU
- deannafaye Grand Junction, CO
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- jimrug1 Peoria, IL
- lunasea Orlando, FL
- luisascatering San Carlos, CA
- crainny Prattville, AL
- quaziefly ALL POINTS
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- juels Clayton, NC
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooktrigger MA
The Rating14 people
Micheal, this is absolutely delicious..and I am not even a big fan of stuffed peppers! I love the flavor combinations and have definitely bookmarked this to try. Thanks for sharing and high-five!angelinaw in St Louis loved it
I am in heaven! This looks and sounds fantastic! You did it again, Michael! Love the Kalamata olives and sundried tomatoes here...yum! I have to flag this too, thanks!juels in Clayton loved it
Way To Go Michael, This Looks Really Delicious. Alot Of Great Flavors Goin On In There. This Is A 'Must Try'! Thnx For Sharing.
Steffgoblue434 in Anniston loved it