Macaroni and Cheese with Potato Chip CrustFrom bluewaterandsand 8 years ago
- 6 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 4 cups milk, warm shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- Dash salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- Dash hot sauce shopping list
- Dash worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar shopping list
- 1 pound cavatappi pasta, cooked al dente shopping list
- 1 cup crushed potato chips shopping list
- 5 slices cooked bacon, crumbled shopping list
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan, for topping shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 to 375 degrees F.
- Melt 6 tablespoons butter in a large saucepot over medium heat. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the warmed milk and bring to a boil, continue to whisk constantly. The mixture will thicken as the heat increases. Continue to stir while adding the dry mustard, nutmeg,
- cayenne, salt, pepper, hot sauce and Worcestershire. Stir in the 3 cups of Cheddar until it melts.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the pasta and add to a 3 quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the chips, bacon and Parmesan on top and bake for 35 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookbluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
The Rating10 people
WHAT A WONDERFUL COMFORT DISH! 5 ALL THE WAY!
CAROL LEEleebear in Brookpark loved it
This sounds truly delicious, my husbands all time favorite is mac&cheese, I will definitely try this next time. .....:)gagagrits in Irmo loved it
What is it about sprinkling crushed potato chips over the top of mac and cheese that makes it even BETTER?!? This has some great seasoning, blue - I've printed it and will try next time I make mac and cheese (which is a lot in this cold weather - it...morekrumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!