ChefTims Chocolate PateFrom magflower 7 years ago
How to make it
- oven 325F
- Melt butter and chocolate in top of dbl boiler/ stirring occasionally
- Whip 8eggs and 2 yolks til lemon yellow and fluffy. These steps should finish more or less at the same time
- pour hot water from dbl boiler into bain marie
- Whip 8 egg whites to stiff peaks
- Gently fold egg mixture and meringue into Chocolate
- Make sure the chocolate has cooled to luke warm so it doesn't curdle the eggs.
- Pour into prepared pan and place pan into bain marie
- Bake for 60 minutes at 325 turning 180 dgrees half way through cooking time. Be gentle when turning
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Although this is a simple recipe it has a few things that can cause problems. The biggest is breaking the chocolate/butter mix.
- Make sure when dealing with melting the chocolate that not a drop of water gets into it..water will break the chocolate and you'll have to start over.
- Make sure also that no oil or yolk gets into your egg whites as they won't come to stiff peaks if it does. And that your mixing bowls are dry and cool.
People Who Like This Dish 21
The Cookmagflower Atlanta, GA
The Rating3 people
I saved this not too long ago. It looks like a recipe that would be very addicting!
btw...thanks for accepting my buddy invite a couple of weeks ago!pinkpasta in Upstate loved it
DECADENT,IRRESISTIBLE,MOUTHWATERING,DELICIOUS,SCRUMPTIOUS......is jus not enuf.!!!chezzane in loved it
Years ago I took a French cooking course and we made a recipe like this. It is divine to say the least. What a terrific recipe to share.borinda in SoCal loved it