Candy Apple PieFrom indicatorsrule1 7 years ago
- Your favorite pie crust for double crust pie shopping list
- 6 cups thinly slice peeled tart apples shopping list
- 2 Tbsp lime juice shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 Tbsp butter shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, toss apples with lime juice. Combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt; add to the apples and toss lightly.
- Line a 9 inch pie plate with bottom crust and trim even with edge; fill with apple mixture. Dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges high. Cut slits in pastry. Bake at 400 for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown and apples are tender.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan. Stir in brown sugar and cream; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; and stir in pecans. Pour over top crust after it has finished baking and place back in oven for 3 to 4 minutes longer or until bubbly. Serve warm.
The Cookindicatorsrule1 Gilbert, AZ
The Rating8 people
gotta try this one!dooley in Crossroads loved it
Sounds really scrumptious!lmgluvscats in Sigourney loved it
Yes! 5 5 5 5 5 5 for you, indicator...
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!