Hungarian Liptauer Cheese SpreadFrom paprikamama 9 years ago
- Cream together in a bowl until well blended shopping list
- 8 oz. Of Lipto cheese -OR- if you cannot buy Lipto you can substitute 8 oz. cream cheese -OR- 8 oz. feta cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup soft butter shopping list
- 3 Tbs. Thick sour cream shopping list
- Mash 2 anchovy fillets shopping list
- 1 tsp. capers and add to bowl with cheese mixture (Optional) shopping list
- Add to cheese mixture and blend ingredients thoroughly shopping list
- 1 Tbs. Finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1 Tbs. prepared mustard shopping list
- 1 1/2 teas. paprika shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. caraway seeds smashed or bruised to release flavor shopping list
- 1/2 teas. salt shopping list
How to make it
- Shape into a smooth mound and make slight indentations in mound with tines of a fork.
- Sprinkle with Paprika.
- Garnish with chopped parsley on plate.
- Let flavors mingle in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Goes well with beer. Serve with Pumpernickle or Rye bread.
- Makes1 3/4 cups
The Cookpaprikamama Lake Mary, FL
The Rating3 people
Honey, this was great, it disappeared from the table faster than you can imagine. I used those little pumpernickel square breads and the flavors were awesome. NOT one person guessed there were anchovies in the dish, LOL, fooled even the hubby. Gr...morenotyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
I'd fill up on this! This sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing your recipe! Its another winner!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it