Rons Deep Fried ShrimpFrom rottman 7 years ago
- 1 lb jumbo Gulf shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 1 can evaporated milk shopping list
- 3 ea eggs, beaten shopping list
- juice from 1/2 lemon shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 Tb Old Bay Seasoning shopping list
- self-rising flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup tomato catsup shopping list
- 2 Tb prepared horseradish sauce shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium sized bowl, beat the eggs, then add the evaporated milk, baking soda, and Old Bay seasoning.
- Peel and devein the shrimp, leaving the tails in place.
- Put the batter and shrimp into a zip-lock bag and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Mix the tomato catsup and horseradish sauce. Cover and place in refrigerator.
- Remove shrimp, one at a time, and place in a bowl containing a cup of self-rizing flour. Transfer to a deep fat fryer and cook until golden brown. (the recipe calls for 350F, but I have to turn mine full up to handle this recipe)
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Serve with french fried potatoes and cocktail sauce (or regular catsup).
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookrottman Nottingham, MD
The Rating7 people
Oh, yeah! Thanks, rott and you got my five.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
This recipe is making my mouth water! Sounds like a definite comfort food to me! Love the dipping sauce, too!juels in Clayton loved it
Nice recipe! Easy to make, tasty, and healthy. I think the Old Bay Seasoning is the key. Big 5.shibattou in Fort Mohave loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!