Roll Or No Roll Sour Cream Sugar CookiesFrom krumkake 5 years ago
How to make it
- With a mixer on medium speed, cream butter and sugar together well.
- Add eggs, sour cream, and extract, beating until well blended.
- Add dry ingredients and mix together well with a wooden spoon; cover and chill dough for at least an hour.
- Using about ¼ of the dough, roll dough out to ¼" thickness on a powdered sugar covered counter or board, using minimum amount of powdered sugar to prevent dough from sticking to counter or board. Using powdered sugar instead of flour will keep these cookies crisp and light.
- Cut out into shapes with cookie cutters and place on lightly greased baking sheet about 2” apart.
- If you prefer not to roll out the dough, you can roll pieces of dough into approximately 2” balls, place on lightly greased cookie sheet about 2” apart, and press down with the bottom of a lightly greased glass or your fingertips to flatten the balls to ¼” thickness.
- Bake at 360 degrees until bottom is light brown, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet and cool completely before frosting with powdered sugar frosting.
- For turtle cookies, spread cookies with melted caramel (40 caramels melted with 2 tablespoons cream), then chocolate frosting, then top with pecan half or 4 pecan "feet" as shown in the picture.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating8 people
I love cookie recipes with sourcream in them..yummy. This one sounds very good. I love the cookie with the chocolate and pecans in the center!michellem in Idaho loved it
I love the sound of these cookies & will definately be making them soon. Sour cream always makes such a great difference in any recipe. You have my 5 forks for a great treat.brianna in loved it
These look and sound wonderful! I am going to have to start calling you a cookie queen!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!