No Oatmeal Apple CrispFrom krumkake 4 years ago
- 4 cups cut up apples (or rhubarb, peaches, pears) - I use 5 large gala apples for mine shopping list
- juice of one half of lemon shopping list
- ¾ white sugar shopping list
- ¾ cup brown sugar shopping list
- ¾ cup flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (more if you like lots of cinnamon flavor) shopping list
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
- 1 pint whipping cream, whipped to stiff peaks with 6 tablespoons sugar added shopping list
- (can use Cool Whip, but there’s nothing as good as fresh whipped cream on warm crisp!) shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together both sugars, flour, cinnamon and butter until crumbly.
- Place prepared fruit in lightly buttered 10x6 glass baking dish.
- Squeeze juice of half a lemon over fruit and toss it together.
- Sprinkle crumb toppping over fruit, pushing it down around the pan edges to prevent spill-over while baking (apples can juice up quite a bit while baking and the juices will bubble up and spill over the sides of the pan if the topping is right up to the top).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes, until topping is nicely browned and apples are done.
- Prepare whipping cream and keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Serve crisp warm, topped with whipped cream.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating15 people
I made it with some alteratons. I added vanilla extract and when using the generic store label imitation kind, you can pour in as much as you want. I had cinnamon sugar as this was a spur of the moment recipe but you could mix cinnamon with brown s...moreKitchenStumbles in loved it
This sounds wonderful......I get tired of the other way all the time....just happen to have some apples looking for something to do.pat2me in Nashua loved it
I also don't care for the oatmeal in any kind of crumb or struesel topping; so this is a particularly great post for me...thanks so much for sharing it! ^5!
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!