DEEP FRIED SHRIMP STUFFED WITH CRABFrom linebb956 7 years ago
- 26 extra large shrimps peeled and divined. shopping list
- About 1 -1 ½ cup real crabmeat, lump style. shopping list
- 1 pound thin bacon at room temp shopping list
- 1 beaten egg shopping list
- 1 cup or more of corn starch shopping list
- Tobasco Sauce you be the judge! shopping list
- white pepper shopping list
- salt shopping list
- oil for deep frying shopping list
- Tooth picks shopping list
- parsley or cilantro for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Clean the shrimps, leave tail on.
- Cut on the vein side ALMOST THROUGH
- Lay a piece of crab meat length ways
- Close, wrap in a piece of bacon
- Secure with a tooth pick
- Season corn starch with salt and pepper
- Dip in corn starch
- Dip in beaten egg to which you have added the Tobasco
- Dip again in corn starch
- Deep fry at 375 until done… Check by tasting if done and make a note of time. Tasting is better than timing!
- Serve on a bed of DRY lettuce, parsley or cilantro, with sliced tomatos.
- Offer shrimp sauce to which you have added the juice of a fresh lime to taste. Or tarter sauce or lime wedges.
- ALWAYS USE WILD SHRIMP IN THIS DISH…
- This is a favorite of mine, I never timed the cooking. I always cook that extra one and pay attention to how long it took.
- SO GOOD… I HOPE YOU LIKE IT!