Scallop Fried RiceFrom simcooks 7 years ago
- 5 scallops shopping list
- 4 stalks of kai lan - thick stems only shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, smashed shopping list
- 4-5 cups cooked rice shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
- 1 heaped tbsp of dried mini anchovies shopping list
- 1 stalk green onions (spring onions), chopped shopping list
- white pepper to taste shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- cornflour shopping list
How to make it
- Wash scallops and pat dry so that you can sear properly or moisture will cause scallops to steam. Season scallops lightly with salt, pepper and corn flour.
- Heat up 2 tbsp vegetable oil in wok. Medium heat. When oil is hot enough, use tongs to transfer scallops to wok. Sear scallops for 3-5 minutes on each side or until they turn golden brown. Set aside.
- Cut kai lan stems (at their cross section) into small pieces. Add kai lan pieces and smashed garlic to wok and allow to cook for about 2 minutes. Set aside kai lan, leaving garlic in the wok.
- Add cooked rice to wok and use spatula to mix the rice with the tasty brown bits left in the wok by the scallops.
- Make a small “well” in the center of the wok. Add egg white and mix well with rice. Add dried mini anchovies and mix well.
- Cut scallops into quarters. Transfer scallops, kai lan and green onions to wok. Add a few dashes of white pepper. Mix well and serve.
The Cooksimcooks Bay Area, CA
The Rating5 people
I never used dried scallops before I will look for them.
I always wanted a recipe like this .
Thank you for posting it
Michaeltrigger in loved it
I love chinese food, but i need chinese recipes.
Thank You for the post.
GEJR45gejr45 in Greer loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!