Russian Beliashi Fried Pasties Filled With MeatFrom juels 5 years ago
- 12 frozen yeast rolls (I like to use Rhodes brand), defrosted or use your own yeast dough recipe shopping list
- 1-1/2 lbs ground beef (or a mixture of ground beef and pork) shopping list
- 1 sweet vidalia onion, shredded or very finely chopped (I prefer to shread mine, using a metal veggie shredder) shopping list
- 2 tbsp. fresh chopped parsely shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried ground mustard shopping list
- 3 tbsp. butter shopping list
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Defrost the yeast rolls and let them rise until doubled in size.
- While the dough is rising, combine ground meat, shredded onions, garlic, parsely, salt, pepper and ground mustard. Knead the meat mixture well for about 4 minutes. Cover and refrigirate until the dough is ready.
- When the rolls have doubled in size, punch them down and roll out into thin cicles on a floured surface.
- Place about 1-1/2 tbsp. of meat mixture in center of each circle and moisten the edges of the dough with cold water. Fold up all the edges of the dough, enclosing the filling. (Refer to pictures). Flatten the filled dough with the palm of your hand into a round pancake.
- Heat a heavy skillet to a medium heat. Melt 3 tbsp. butter in 2 tbsp. of oil. When the butter/oli is heated, add the meat pasties in batches and cook for about 10 minutes on each side, or until they are crisp and brown. Add additional oil and butter to the pan if necessary. These are best served hot.
The Cookjuels Clayton, NC
The Rating22 people
love meat pies these are delicous thankshigh5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I have been craving Jamaican Beef Patties lately but after seeing this pic, I may make these instead!
So should I make a basic white bread dough or is this more like a pizza/calzone dough? I just found this dough:
Ing...moreluisascatering in San Carlos loved it
sounds great juels! 5 forks!cmnjersey in Edgewater Park loved it
Russian Speakers22 members
Russian American Food Lovers35 members
Cast Iron Cooking99 members
Meat Glorious Meat62 members
Pick You Favourite Pocket37 members
Anything Fried68 members
Finger Food51 members
Russian Cuisine27 members
Hamburger 10136 members