Spicy Spinach Cheese DipFrom pamela 10 years ago
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen spinach, thawed, drained and chopped shopping list
- 10 oz monterey jack cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1 (4 oz) can green chiles, liquid removed and diced shopping list
- 1 (14.5 oz) can peeled tomatoes (whole), liquid removed and chopped shopping list
- 1 onion, diced shopping list
- 1 (8 oz) package of softened cream cheese shopping list
- 1 cup half-and-half shopping list
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar shopping list
- salt and pepper (to taste) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In oil, sauté onion over medium heat until softened, around 4 minutes. Add in chiles, and tomatoes, and allow them to cook for 2 minutes.
- Place the mixture in a large bowl and mix in spinach, cheese, cream cheese, vinegar and cream. Next, season with salt and pepper (to taste). Spoon the mixture into shallow baking dish (for example, a 9 inch pie plate or quiche dish).
- Bake until the dip is bubbly and the top is slightly browned, around 35 minutes.