Penne and Chicken Tenderloins with Spiced Tomato SauceFrom lacrenshaw 5 years ago
- 1 teaspoons ground fennel seed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders, cut into 1" pieces shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 4 cups canned diced tomatoes OR fresh diced with juices shopping list
- 1 cup white wine shopping list
- 8 ounces penne pasta, uncooked shopping list
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, rough chop shopping list
How to make it
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; rub over chicken tenders.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken; cook 4 minutes, turning once.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add garlic and saute 30 seconds, until soft.
- Add tomatoes and wine, scraping pan to loosen brown bits.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add chicken and simmer 5 minutes longer.
- Cook pasta according to package direction to al dente.
- Toss pasta with sauce in a large serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with cheese and fresh basil.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating5 people
I'm going to have to make this without the wine. I'm supposing chicken broth will do?
Very nice recipe. It's Cooking Light. I'm not suprised. And as usual, the salt and pepper can be doubled.
See also morepointsevenout in Athens loved it
I'm loving this one. It looks wonderful!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Oh yeah this doesn't sound or look lite, it looks wonderfull.....:)gagagrits in Irmo loved it