Choco TacoFrom lacrenshaw 8 years ago
- CREPE TACO SHELLS: shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/3 cup flour shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- CHOCOLATE SYRUP: shopping list
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- Dash of salt shopping list
- chocolate chip ice cream OR vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup peanuts shopping list
How to make it
- CREPE SHELLS:
- Whisk together eggs and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Gradually and milk, vanilla and melted butter.
- Stir well to combine.
- Add flour and salt.
- Beat until smooth.
- Heat a lightly buttered, small griddle or fry pan over medium heat.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter into pan, tilting to make sure liquid coats pan.
- Cook crepe on each side for about 2 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Choose a clean book and stand it on its edge.
- Shape the hot cooked crepe over the book binding to form taco shell.
- Freeze this for about 10 minutes.
- Continue cooking crepes, shaping them around books and freezing them.
- CHOCOLATE SYRUP:
- Combine cocoa powder, sugar and salt in a saucepan.
- Add water.
- Mix until smooth.
- Bring to a boil for 1 minute and remove pan from heat.
- Once cooled, add vanilla.
- When first shell is WELL frozen, use a small paintbrush to coat inside of shells with chocolate.
- Return shells to freezer so chocolate can firm up.
- Wait at least 5 minutes before pulling them out.
- Delicately stuff them with ice cream.
- Return to freezer for at least another 10 minutes firming period.
- Remove tacos from freezer and drizzle with extra syrup.
- Crush peanuts and sprinkle on top of your ChocoTaco.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating6 people
Thanks for posting this wonderful recipe.
This treat is wonderful for Birthday party's.
5 Fork,Yumo. :) I can't wait to try it!cookingbringmehappiness in Rockford loved it
OH MAN I LOVE THESE THANK YOU FOR THE RECIPE......YOU DEFENTLY GOT MY 5grizzlybear in loved it
WOW!! Better than the original frozen ChocoTaco dessert! Great recipe and thanks so much my entire family gives this five forks!! YUMMY!!!mtgirl08 in White Sulphur Springs loved it