Strawberry Buttermilk Muffins-gluten-freeFrom sola 4 years ago
- Dry ingredients: shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free flour blend (see below)* shopping list
- 2 Tsp.baking powder shopping list
- 2 Tsp.baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp.salt shopping list
- 3/4 Cup sugar shopping list
- 1/8 Tsp. ground cardamom shopping list
- 1/8 Tsp.ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 Tsp.ground allspice shopping list
- Wet ingredients: shopping list
- 2 eggs,beaten shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 1/3 cup melted butter or canola oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tsp.vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups, fresh strawberries,sliced.If extra large slice across,cut bottom in 1/4s and top,pointed part into slices. shopping list
- Reserve 2 nice looking slices for each muffin. shopping list
- 1 Tbls.sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease muffin tins,or line with paper cups
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.Mix wet ingredients in a small bowl.Set berries aside.
- Pour the wet ingredients into dry and stir by hand just enough to combine.Dont beat batter or worry if batter is lumpy.With a rubber spatula fold in fresh berries.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups,filling nearly to the top.
- Place 2 sliced berries on top,sprinkle each batter-filled cup with reserved sugar.
- Bake 25 minutes,until light brown and well-risen.
- Let cool in tin 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
- *A standard muffin tin will make 12 muffins,or 40 mini-muffins or 6 "Texas " super size muffins.Bake mini-muffins 5 minutes less and Texas size 5 minutes more.I used the Texas size and it took about 35 minutes.
- Always a good idea to put a baking sheet on rack below to keep batter from burning on bottom of over.
- Gluten-free flour blend:*
- 2 cups,rice flour
- 2/3 cups, Potato starch
- 1/3 cup Tapioca starch
- 1 Tsp.Xanthan gum
- Mix in bowl,sift over another bowl.Keep in a tightly sealed container.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cooksola Kill Devil Hills, NC
The Rating3 people
Sola, these sound so good! Just in time for spring strawberries, too. Thanks!crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
great recipe... they look just like 'real' muffins...LOL five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
These were so good!! So moist and full of flavor!! Thanksyummers in Port Moody loved it