Lemon and Olive ChickenFrom lacrenshaw 5 years ago
- 8 bone-in chicken breast halves shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 lemons shopping list
- 2 mediums onions, chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 cup green olives, pitted and halved shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle chicken with 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- In large skillet heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat.
- Sear chicken (in two batches), skin-side first until golden brown or about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Cut lemons in half lengthwise and then into thin slices crosswise.
- If skillet is dry add remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add onions and garlic; cook over medium heat until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in lemon slices, olives, stock and 2 cups water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Put chicken on top of mixture and pour in accumulated juices from plate.
- Sprinkle with thyme and crushed red pepper.
- Cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating13 people
Lemon and olives are real goodpuddlewonderful in Beverly Hills Adjacent loved it
Sounds delicious I like the lemon and olives combo especially...aussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
Sounds delish!pleclare in Framingham loved it