Chocolate MousseFrom luisascatering 8 years ago
- chocolate Mousse: shopping list
- 4 ounces high quality bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, cut into small pieces shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut in small pieces shopping list
- 2 large eggs, separated shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- Garnish: (optional) shopping list
- whipped cream shopping list
- Fresh berries shopping list
- Shaved chocolate shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium-sized stainless steel bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter. Remove from heat and set aside to cool for a few minutes. Then whisk in the two egg yolks. Refrigerate.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), whip the two egg whites with the cream of tartar until foamy. Gradually add two tablespoons of sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks form, yet the whites are still glossy and not dry. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whip the heavy cream, remaining one tablespoon sugar, and vanilla extract until soft peaks form.
- Remove the chocolate mixture from the refrigerator, and stir a couple of spoonfuls of the beaten egg whites into the chocolate mixture to lighten it, and then fold the remaining whites into the chocolate mixture, gently but thoroughly. Fold in the whipped cream.
- Spoon the chocolate mousse into four individual serving dishes or glasses. Cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours. Can serve with additional whipped cream, fresh berries and/or shaved chocolate.
People Who Like This Dish 22
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating5 people
Loving this one! So elegant, beautiful and luscious sounding! 5 forks and a beauty flag!juels in Clayton loved it
I know I'll be hooked after one spoonful when the recipe comes from you, Luisa! Sounds wonderful as usual. High-5! I hope you have a great week, my Dear.meals4abby in Valders loved it
i made this for my boyfriend today, he loved it!!Heather_Robinson in Webster loved it