Lemon Angel DessertFrom krumkake 5 years ago
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- juice of 2 medium lemons shopping list
- Grated peel from both lemons shopping list
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream, whipped until very stiff peaks form shopping list
- 1 angel food cake, baked in a 12" loaf pan (or use a regular angel food pan, or purchase a ready-made angel food at the bakery) shopping list
How to make it
- Gently fold the sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, and grated lemon peel into the stiffly whipped cream.
- Cut the angel food cake horizontally into thirds.
- Spread some of the whipped cream frosting over the cut surface of the bottom of the cake; repeat with the next section of cut cake, then place the top section on the cake.
- Frost top and sides of the cake with the remaining whipped cream mixture.
- Keep frosted cake in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve each piece with a twisted slice of lemon, if desired. For color, I have also topped each slice with a few fresh blueberries, sliced strawberries, or sliced kiwi...very pretty presentation and a refreshing, light dessert.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating8 people
YOU JUST HAVE THE BEST DESSSERTS...... COOKIES AND ALL!!! YUM YUM THIS CAKE IS BEAUTIFUL KRUM
10 FORKS LOL
TINKminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
I'm always looking for different ideas to frost a cake & this sounds wonderful. Will be trying it soon. Definately a 5 forks treat. Thanksbrianna in loved it
I just love cakes like this, Krum! Easy and delicious. Thanks for the recipe. You know I'll be making this one!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!