Chocolate And Cherry Polenta CakeFrom juels 4 years ago
- 1/3 cup quick-cook polenta, or yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 7 oz. semi-sweet chocolate (use sweet chocolate if you prefer a sweeter taste) shopping list
- 5 eggs, separated shopping list
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar shopping list
- 1 cup ground almonds shopping list
- 4 tbsp. flour shopping list
- grated rind of 1 orange, or 1 tbsp. dried orange rind (availiable in the spice section) shopping list
- 1 small jar marachino cherries, drained and halved shopping list
- confectioners sugar for dusting shopping list
How to make it
- Place polenta or yellow cornmeal in a bowl and pour over just enough boiling water to cover it, about 1/2 cup. Stir well, then cover the bowl and let it stand for about 20 minutes, or until polenta has absorbed all the excess moisture.
- Line the base of a 8-1/2 inch round springform pan with a greased parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Break the chocolate into squares and melt it in a heat-proof bowl set over a pan of simmering water (water bath).
- Whisk the egg yolks with sugar in another bowl, until thick and pale. Beat in the melted chocolate, then fold in polenta, ground almonds, flour and orange rind.
- In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff. Stir 1 tbsp. of the stiff egg whites into the chocolate mixture, then fold in the rest. Fold in the cherries.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and bake at 375F for 45-55 minutes, or until firm to the touch. Cool on a wire rack. Remove from pan and dust with powdered sugar. Serve with coffee or tea.
People Who Like This Dish 6
- grumpymomma Saint Louise, MO
- krumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- midgelet Eastern, USA
- annieamie Los Angeles, US
- peetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- turtle66 Sacramento, CA
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- goblue434 Anniston, AL
- quaziefly ALL POINTS
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookjuels Clayton, NC
The Rating12 people
I absolutley love this. It is so different. High Five my freind!quaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it
This Sounds Really Good. Never Used Polenta In A 'Sweet' Type Of Desert Before. I Like The Combination Of The Chocolate/Orange/Cherry In This.
Thnx For Sharing,
Steffgoblue434 in Anniston loved it
great post wonderful recipe the cake looks sooo rich yummie thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it