Baked Chicken SaladFrom krumkake 5 years ago
- 1 cup cream of mushroom soup (my aunt used cream of chicken, but I like the mushroom soup - use either one) shopping list
- ¼ cup sour cream shopping list
- ¼ cup milk shopping list
- ½ cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dry ranch dressing mix shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- couple dashes of pepper, to your taste shopping list
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast meat, cubed shopping list
- 1 large stalk celery, diced shopping list
- ½ onion, diced shopping list
- 4 ounces (½ a can) water chestnuts, diced shopping list
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and diced shopping list
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar shopping list
- For topping: shopping list
- 1 cup crushed Ritz-type crackers (or use crushed potato chips and omit the melted butter) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons melted butter shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the soup, sour cream, milk, mayonnaise and seasonings together in a bowl; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together chicken, celery, onion, water chestnuts, diced eggs and cheddar; stir in the soup mixture.
- Place the mixture in a lightly buttered 11x7 baking dish (or other shallow casserole dish).
- Bake casserole at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove casserole from oven and top with the crushed crackers that have been mixed with the melted butter.
- Return casserole to oven, and increase heat to 375 degrees; continue to bake for another 10 to 15 minutes, until topping is browned and casserole is hot and bubbling around the edges.
- Serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating10 people
Super post! The chestnuts are a great addition. This recipe is mouthwatering.quaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it
~Hi There, Krumkake~
Yes~ most of Life is a 'Compromise'~
As you said~"you did just this" with your recipe so that your'Beloved' would enjoy the results!
I must say~"it turned out "5"FORK!!!!!~"
Thanks for sharing~
~*~mj~*~...moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it
My gosh, this sounds SO good to me...definitely printing this one out; for next time we have a leftover rotisserie chicken from Boston Market. Thanks so much! ^5
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!