Raw Apple CakeFrom krumkake 8 years ago
- ¾ cup white sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- ½ teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 apples, cored, peeled and diced (I like to use Gala, but use whatever you prefer) shopping list
- brown sugar, for top of batter shopping list
- whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, optional (but oh so good!) shopping list
How to make it
- In medium bowl, mix together sugar, butter and egg.
- Add flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; batter will be very stiff.
- Add diced apples and blend into batter to moisten.
- Pour into greased 8x8 baking dish.
- Sprinkle brown sugar generously over top of batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 55 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream, or a scoop of ice cream, if desired. This is good when cooled, but even better when served warm from the oven.
- Do not refrigerate.
People Who Like This Dish 19
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating6 people
Krum... I love fresh apple cake too... something about it....give me a heaping plate full and a heaping cup of rich coffee.... Im a happy puppy then.....zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
This one is on my 'List' to do! lol
Love fresh apple cake!shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Thank you krummy. Very nice.
shine in Rainier loved it