Sweet Potato BiscuitsFrom pudgy47 9 years ago
- 1 cup (1 medium-size) sweet potato shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 2/3 cup buttermilk shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Pierce sweet potato in several places. Bake potato until very tender approximately 1 hour. Remove from oven. Cut potato on half and cool slightly. Scoop flesh from potato and place in bowl and cool completely.
- 2. Place 1 cup sweet potato flesh into large bowl. Add butter and brown sugar; beat until smooth. Sift flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Mix dry ingredients into sweet potato with buttermilk in three (3) additions, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- 3. Transfer dough to a generously floured surface. Roll to 3/4 inch thickness. Using a 2- inch round cookie cutter cut out buscuits; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Gather scraps into ball; rerool and cut.
- 4. Bake biscuits until golden and puffed, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer baking sheey to a rack to cool slightly. Serve warm . Makes 10 to 12 biscuits.
The Cookpudgy47 Las Vegas, NV
The Rating6 people
I'm going to make these Saturday afternoon.helewes in Newton loved it
a very light and delicious biscuithelewes in Newton loved it
Dang... I made these soon after you posted and forgot to rate it... Now were having again this weekend.. I love these.. so do my grandkids so I end up making a double batch.. Note to self and U.. I tried baking them done but not browned... let cool, ...morelinebb956 in La Feria loved it