Ginger Garlic ChickenFrom brianna 7 years ago
- 1 chicken ( about 1 kg) - cut into small pieces - SEE NOTE shopping list
- 4 Tblspn corn flour ( corn starch) shopping list
- 1/4 cup oil shopping list
- 1 large onion - sliced thinly shopping list
- 2 Tblspn grated ginger - SEE NOTE shopping list
- 10 cloves garlic - finely chopped shopping list
- . shopping list
- Sauce Ingredients. - to be mixed together shopping list
- 2 tsp soya sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 Tblspn vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp corn flour (corn starch) shopping list
- . shopping list
- NOTE:- shopping list
- I happened to have a bag of chicken thighs in the freezer, so wanted to use what I had on hand. I cut most of the meat from the thighs, leaving some on the bone & cut the meat into chunks. I used the meaty bones in the recipe also. I used enough to make the 1 kg. shopping list
- I did not have fresh ginger on hand so I used 1 tsp ginger paste instead & mixed it into the sauce ingredients. shopping list
- I had found a jar of the ginger paste in the ethnic section at Super Store previously. I find it very handy. For me the 1 tsp was more than enough for the ginger flavor. shopping list
How to make it
- Wash the chicken pieces & pat dry.
- Put the corn starch into a plastic bag & add the chicken.
- Shake well to coat. Set aside
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Shake off any excess corn starch & add chicken to oil, first over medium high heat & then lower heat to medium.
- Fry til golden & cooked through, cooking in 2 batches if needed
- Drain well & set aside.
- Spoon off 1/2 of the oil & add the onion, garlic & ginger to the remaining oil.
- Stir fry until the onion is transparent
- Add the chicken & toss in the onion mixture & then add the sauce ingredients.
- Stir fry until the sauce has thickened
- Transfer to a serving platter & garnish with spring onions.
The Cookbrianna CA
The Rating7 people
Ginger is my secret delight. It used to go bad in the frig so now I use what I need and freeze it. Just love that smell. (Love sugared ginger too)
Thank you for a wonderful recipe. You a 5 and a flag!
Victoriavictoriaregina in USA loved it
The flavors here sound incredible! This is going straight for the keepers! 5 forks and a beauty flag!juels in Clayton loved it
ginger and chicken are Perfect together! ^5choclytcandy in loved it