Chicken SpareribsFrom upstatevoyager 7 years ago
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed shopping list
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- 1/3 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1/3 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup apple juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons ketchup shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- In large skillet, heat vegetable oil.
- Brown chicken thighs in oil.
- In bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup water, soy sauce, brown sugar, apple juice, ketchup, vinegar, garlic, red pepper flakes and ginger.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water.
- Add to skillet. Cook until thickened.
The Cookupstatevoyager Scotia, NY
The Rating5 people
Sounds delicious! High fiver from this kid! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
I made this recipe and it's really really good. I didn't add the oil and threw everything in a ziploc over night then baked them but that's more because I'm cooking lazy than anything else. It really was delicious though I'm sure it's better the or...moredione73 in US loved it
Oops I didn't use the oil or the cornstarch and tablespoon of water. Just the marinade and chicken.dione73 in US loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!