Chicken SpareribsFrom upstatevoyager 8 years ago
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed shopping list
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- 1/3 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1/3 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup apple juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons ketchup shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- In large skillet, heat vegetable oil.
- Brown chicken thighs in oil.
- In bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup water, soy sauce, brown sugar, apple juice, ketchup, vinegar, garlic, red pepper flakes and ginger.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water.
- Add to skillet. Cook until thickened.
The Cookupstatevoyager Scotia, NY
The Rating5 people
I love the sound of this one!!!lilliancooks in Long Island loved it
...And now I can say I love the taste of this one! I made it tonight and I couldn't stop eating it! The only change I made was to use boneless, skinless, chicken cutltes, instead of thighs. I cut them into long strips, to resemble ribs! I also used 3...morelilliancooks in Long Island loved it
I made this recipe and it's really really good. I didn't add the oil and threw everything in a ziploc over night then baked them but that's more because I'm cooking lazy than anything else. It really was delicious though I'm sure it's better the or...moredione73 in US loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!