Shrimp In Garlic Chile Butter SauceFrom sparow64 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, shelled and eveined shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 8 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 to 3 dried de arbol chiles, coarsely crumbled (or whatever type is available) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- scallion tops, slivered (for garnish) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rinse and drain shrimp well
- Heat butter and oil in small skillet over medium heat until butter is melted and foamy.
- Add garlic, chiles, lime juice and salt.
- Cook and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Arrange shrimp in an even layer in a shallow 2-quart baking dish. Pour hot butter mixture over shrimp.
- Bake shrimp 10 to 12 minutes until shrimp turn pink and opaque, stirring once.
- DO NOT OVERCOOK or shrimp will be dry and tough.
- Garnish with slivered scallion tops.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating8 people
Mmmm Buttery, garlicky, spicy shrimp! I think I'd go with skewering and grilling, though. Never even heard of baking shrimp before - don't trust myself with it. Good one, Lori. ;')justjakesmom in Everett loved it
Loving the sauce here! Sounds so yummy!juels in Clayton loved it
This sound really delicious! I would really like this with rice or french bread!joe1155 in Munchen loved it