Chocolate Dipped Orange Butter CookiesFrom krumkake 4 years ago
- cookies shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- ¾ cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- ½ teaspoon orange extract shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel shopping list
- 2 cups white flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans, optional shopping list
- white sugar (for dipping the glass in to flatten the cookies before baking) shopping list
- glaze (I just melt an 8 ounce Hershey chocolate bar) shopping list
- 1 cup milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips, depending on your taste shopping list
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup shopping list
- 4 tablespoons solid shortening (like Crisco – now trans-fat free) shopping list
How to make it
- For the cookies, beat together sugar and butter in a large bowl.
- Beat in the extract, egg and orange peel.
- Stir in remaining cookie ingredients until well mixed.
- Roll dough into 1” balls, and place them 2” apart on a lightly greased baking sheet (I found that a 1/2 tablespoon measuring spoon was the perfect size for "dainty" sized cookies).
- Flatten each ball with the bottom of a glass that has been dipped in white sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes, just until the cookies begin to brown very lightly around the edges.
- Remove cookies from baking sheet and cool on racks or waxed paper.
- When cookies are cool, dip ½ of each cookie into the glaze and lay on waxed paper to allow the glaze to set up and harden; sprinkle glaze with chopped nuts, if desired.
- To make the glaze, place the chocolate chips in a narrow, deep microwaveable bowl (I use a 4 cup glass measuring cup for this); add corn syrup and shortening to bowl.
- Microwave glaze for 45 seconds; depending on the power of your microwave, and continue to microwave 15 seconds at a time until all the chocolate is melted. Be careful not to overheat the chocolate or you will end up with a grainy, hard blob of chocolate!!
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating9 people
This sounds fantastic. Great post my friend and a very high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Oh, these are just the flavor combination to make me happy, happy happy!!!notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Fantastic...Thank you...:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!