Creamed Chicken On Buttermilk BiscuitsFrom asheats 9 years ago
- 4 boneless,skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes shopping list
- 1 tbs. cooking oil shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 4 cups fresh mushrooms, halved shopping list
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. celery salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper shopping list
- 2 tbs. cornstarch shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 8 buttermilk buscuits (I use philsbury) shopping list
- 4 tbs. green onions or chives, finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- In a large heavy skillet saute chicken in cooking oil for 5-7 minutes, over medium high heat. remove chicken and set aside.
- In same skillet add garlic, mushrooms, and onions, cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add all EXCEPT 2 tbs. of the chicken broth, celery salt, and white pepper to skillet.
- in a small pan, over medium high heat stir cornstrach into the 2 remaining tbs. of broth to form a paste.
- Add this to skillet and cook, stirring, until bubbly and thickened.
- Cook 1 minute more, then add the chicken back.
- In a bowl, stir together the sour cream and milk. Stir this gently into skillet. Heat to serving temperature.
- Have the biscuits cooking in the oven as you prepare the meal.
- Serve the creamed chicken over warm bisquits and top with chopped green onions.