Stuffed Bell Peppers For TwoFrom donman 7 years ago
- 2 large bell peppers shopping list
- 1 lb. ground chuck shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of Donnie’s cajun seasoning Mix (Recipe can be found with my recipes on my profile page. Or use equivalent ingredients.) shopping list
- 1-8 oz can of tomato sauce shopping list
- bread crumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Wash and dry off the bell peppers.
- Cut off the tops of the peppers and dice the outer ring for later use.
- Remove the seeds and membrane from the peppers.
- Cut a small 1/4 inch hole in the center of the bottom of the peppers so that the grease will drain while the meat is cooking.
- In a bowl, add the meat, diced tops, onion powder, Cajun seasoning and mix well.
- Form the meat mixture into 2 balls.
- Press and form the meat mixture into the bell peppers.
- Spread the bread crumbs out into a saucer.
- Press the peppers meat side down into the bread crumbs.
- Place the peppers meat side up into a 5X9 Pyrex baking dish.
- Preheat the oven to 350 deg. F.
- Put about ½ inch of water into the bottom of the Pyrex dish.
- Bake peppers uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Remove form oven and put ½ can of tomato sauce on the top of each pepper.
- Bake peppers uncovered for an additional 30-40 minutes or to an internal temperature of 150-160 deg. F.
- Remove from oven and serve.
The Cookdonman Hammond, LA
The Rating10 people
Very nice and great pictures! 2 fives from mevictoriaregina in USA loved it
Great recipe...noola in Peterborough loved it
Hey Don...Good post...Have not made these for some time, But think I will again and soon...Also have to check out your cajun seasoning recipe...And just have to say I like the idea of cutting a small hole in the bottom of the pepper...Have also made ...morestewie in Winnipeg loved it