Roasted Red Pepper Cream LingunieFrom missamberlee 6 years ago
- 2 red bell peppers shopping list
- garlic shopping list
- olive oil (or roasted peppers in a jar) shopping list
- 1/2c whipping cream shopping list
- some butter :) shopping list
- 3/4c milk shopping list
- a large handfull of fresh spinach shopping list
- 1 can of black olives shopping list
- Crushed red pepper shopping list
- 1/4c Parmesan shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- 1tsp sugar shopping list
- 1 box linguine shopping list
How to make it
- If you are roasting your peppers just throw them on the grill or right on the burner of your stove (exercise caution) and let them get COMPLETELY black and a little squishy.
- After the peppers have cooled, gently peel the black skin off and scrape the seeds out and slice the peppers into strips about 1" across.
- Mince a clove or two of garlic and add the peppers and garlic to enough olive oil to cover and let that sit overnight to make a fantastic flavored oil.
- Puree the peppers with a smallish amount of oil or butter and saute that mixture, adding cheese, cream, milk, salt, sugar, olives and spinach.
- Let that simmer untill it gets as thick as you would like.
- I prefer a thinner sauce, the sauce has TONS of fantastic flavors and I really enjoy dipping my bread in the leftover sauce
- Top your pasta and enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookmissamberlee Oregon City, OR
The Rating2 people
Wanted to let you know... I roasted some peppers this way while Hubby was grilling some steaks.. he looked at me like I had gone insane! Finished them up and made this recipe 2 days later.. cut back on cream, but it was still wonderful!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
very nicegreekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!