Cider Brined Fried ChickenFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 2 cups apple cider shopping list
- 1/2 cup salt shopping list
- 1 (4 1/2 to 5-pound) chicken, cut into 10 pieces shopping list
- water shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 2 quarts vegetable shortening, for frying shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, whisk together cider and salt until salt dissolves. Add chicken pieces and enough water to coat and soak 1 hour in the refrigerator. Chicken should be completely submerged in brine.
- In a large pot, heat vegetable shortening until a deep-fry thermometer reaches 325 degrees F. Line a sheet tray with a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cayenne and black pepper. In a paper bag, shake together flour and cornstarch. Drain chicken from brine and dip in batches first in egg mixture then in flour mixture to coat. Set on wire rack to let coating sit for 10 minutes. In 2 batches, fry chicken until golden brown on both sides and cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the size of the piece. Remove from oil to drain on paper towel-lined plate
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating10 people
0000hhh, does this sound good!!terryr in Henderson loved it
This has got to be good, you have my 5 forks and I printed this out to try.henrie in Savannah loved it
My printer is ready for this one too. I just have to try this chicken as it sounds really good. 5 forks from me too.brianna in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!