Izmir Meat Balls In Tomato SauceFrom kutadkubilik 6 years ago
- • 1 lb. ground meat (lamb is traditional, but any kind of ground meat works) shopping list
- • 1 onion shopping list
- • 1 egg shopping list
- • About 4 slices stale white bread (1-2 day old) shopping list
- • 2 potatoes shopping list
- • 1 green pepper shopping list
- • 1 can (14.5 oz) tomato puree or equivalent tomato-based product shopping list
- • 1 tbspoon tomato paste shopping list
- • salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- • oil for frying shopping list
- • 1 cup hot water shopping list
- • 2 garlic cloves mashed shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Step 1
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2. Step 2
- Crumble bread into breadcrumbs.
- Combine the meat, onion, egg, breadcrumbs and salt and pepper . Mix well. Roll the mixture into round or oval-shaped meatballs about the size of a bigger than walnut.
- 3. Step 5
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and fry the meatballs until done. Remove the meatballs from the pan.
- 4. Step 6
- Add more oil to the pan. Cut the potatoes into wedges (or slices, if desired) and fry them. Slice the pepper and add it to the potatoes as they are frying. You can also use a different pan and fry the potatoes and peppers at the same time you are frying the meatballs. Place the potatoes and peppers on a baking sheet. Put the meatballs on top.
- Melt the butter in a pan, add tomato paste, tomatoes, peppers, mashed garlic and hot water. Stir it and pour it on the meatballs in oven tray. Cover everything with the tomato puree
- Cover it with foil paper.
- (you may need the entire can).
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- serve it hot and with red wine or of course ayran..
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookkutadkubilik Istanbul, TR
The Rating5 people
Okay, Kuta, I tried my interpretation of this recipe, tonight! Here's what I did: I made the meatballs using venison, and the ingredients you listed, but I did add some herbs/spices, trying to stay at least fairly traditional with them. I wanted to...morekeni in Sweet Home loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!