Charro BeansFrom notyourmomma 5 years ago
- 1 lb of pinto beans, washed picked over and soaked overnight shopping list
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic shopping list
- 1 lb. package of bacon finely diced shopping list
- 2 tomatoes finely diced ( I use a can of diced tomatoes) shopping list
- 1/2 large white onion diced shopping list
- 3 sliced jalapenos shopping list
- 2 tsp of salt shopping list
- 1 tbsp of cumin shopping list
- 1 can of beer shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the beans in water until almost tender, approximately 2 hours on low.
- Do not use the soaking water to cook the beans in.
- Do overload the beans with water, but don't let them dry out.
- In a separate pan, cook the bacon. Set aside.
- After two hours, add the beer, the salt, cumin, jalapenos, onions and tomatoes.
- Simmer for 15 minutes on medium high heat.
- Add the bacon and simmer another 20 minutes more.
- Can add chopped clilantro if desired.
- Great with rice, or alone. Can mash 2 cups and add back into the beans to thicken the texture.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating5 people
i love these beans ....yummy........ makes me hungry lol
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Wonderful!pleclare in Framingham loved it
Sound great!!!wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!