Layered Meatball CasseroleFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- 2-1/2 c prepared spaghetti sauce,divided shopping list
- 1 (16 oz) pkg. Frozen bite-size meatballs,thawed shopping list
- 1 (.75 oz.) pkg. fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 1 (7 oz.) can sliced mushrooms,drained shopping list
- 2 tomatoes,sliced 1/4" thick shopping list
- 1 c whole milk ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1 c sour cream shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 3 tsp minced roasted garlic shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 tsp dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 (12 oz) pkg. egg noodles,cooked according to directions and kept warm shopping list
- 1-1/2 c shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- Garnish: fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Spray a 2-1/2 qt. baking dish with on-stick cooking spray.
- Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce over bottom of prepared dish. Place meatballs on top of sauce. Top with basil,mushrooms and tomatoes.
- In med. bowl,whisk together ricotta,sour cream,eggs and remaining 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce. Stir in garlic,salt,oregano and prepared noodles. Pour over layered ingredients in baking dish.
- Top with mozzarella. Bake 55 mins to 1 hour,or till bubbly. Garnish with parsley.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating7 people
Sounds good, you can't go wrong with a Paula Deen recipe. Thanks for sharing and 5 forks.maureenlaw in ST LOUIS loved it
I love casseroles, you have my five forkshunnee in Nanaimo loved it
This looks cool made with the egg noodles and meatballs...have to give it a try. Saw a lasagna recipe made with wonton skins...no cook, no fuss. Wonder how that would work out?notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it