Cornflake ChewiesFrom sweetwords 8 years ago
- 6 cups cornflakes (or 5-1/2 cups original Kellogg's Special K) shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup clear Karo, or other light corn syrup (actually Blackburn syrup tastes the best, if you can find it) shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1-1/4 cup smooth peanut butter (best is the kind you mix up yourself) shopping list
How to make it
- Pour cornflakes into a big bowl. Lightly spray 13x9 casserole dish.
- If using unmixed peanut butter, spoon into bowl with 1 to 1-1/2 tablespoons sugar and mix with hand mixer.
- Combine sugar and syrup in small pot. Heat on low, stirring constantly, until sugar is melted.
- Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla.
- Add peanut butter and stir well.
- Pour mixture over cornflakes and stir gently until well coated.
- Spread in prepared dish.
- When completely cool, cut into squares.
The Cooksweetwords Raleigh, MS
The Rating3 people
These are sooooo good - we like to frost ours with a melted Hershey's bar or melted milk chocolate chips, too. You have to taste these to see how good they are!!krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
Sigh... this brings back memories...jo_jo_ba in Oshawa loved it
I was so excited to see this recipe! I use to make this with my mother when I was a little girl;) Such a good recipe!! Must try!Momof3B1G in loved it